POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media and self-shadowing clouds : Media and self-shadowing clouds Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Media and self-shadowing clouds
From: Chris Becker
Date: 21 Mar 2002 21:56:07
Message: <3c9a9d47$1@news.povray.org>
Alright, here's what I can do with stacked planes:

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~topher/cloud.jpg

Great, except that it's very slow, memory intensive and you can see the
lines.

I've tried my best with media but with no success. I can get a sphere with
some white foggy stuff in it, but it isn't selfshadowing like the above is.
Plus, I can't get just a single cloud like I did above.

The way I did the above was I used the object pigment modifier with a sphere
and then just added turbulence with a high lambda to make it billowy. Is it
possible to replicate that picture but using media? Example code would be
very helpful.

Thanks in advance!